Over Twenty Nine years of work experience including research at post doctoral level, industrial experience as Scientist and Teaching at undergraduate and Post graduate level in University.
- M.Sc -Botany(1987-89)- University of Mumbai, Maharastra State
- Ph.D(1995)- University of Mumbai,Maharastra State (concurrently worked as scientist with Excel Industries Pvt Ltd,Bombay (1990-1995)
- Post Doctoral Research(JAPAN from October 1995-March 2001)- On Japanese Government Fellowship(MONBHUSHO) worked atShinshu University, Faculty of Textile Science and Technology, Nagano ken, Ueda, Japan.
Research Area Specialization Plant Biotechnology
Projects worked on during post-doctoral research:
- Analysis of Phenylalanine Ammonia Lyase promoter and regulation of its gene expression in transgenic tobacco plant
- Development of a modified insertional mutagenesis system in Arabidopsis thaliana using maize transposons(Ac and Ds).
- Analyzing endogenous transposons in Arabidopsis thaliana for long –range purpose to be used as a genetic tool
Teaching Experience: 20 years Biotechnology course in Jain group of Instittuions,Bangalore
2004-2008(March):Taught undergraduate students of Bachelor of Engineering course(B.E,Biotechnology) at Acharya Institute of Technology,soledevanahalli,Bangalore affiliated to Visveswaraya Technological University(Belgaum,Karnataka state)
2008-joined Yogi Vemana University as Associate Professor and promoted as Professor under CAS in 2016.Currently Head of Department of Biotechnology and Board of Studies chairman (combined)for M.Sc Biotechnology(2 year course,5year Integrated M.Sc Biotechnology and Bioinformatics course, and M.Sc Genetics and Genomics course)
Administratative positions Held at Yogi Vemana University:
- Women Cell Coordinator
- IQAC Coordinator
- Head of Biotechnology Department
- Attended Many National seminars (19 nos) and International Seminars (09nos), Workshops (11 nos). Symposium/Seminars/Workshop Conducted (04Nos).
- Invited Talks -05 Nos
- Publications National and International-14 Nos
- BOOK authored: 1Nos
- Book Chapters 04 Nos
- Research Guidance: 2 Ph.D.awarded in Biotechnology, and other-1 as Co-Guide and currently 3 research scholars are working.
- Research Projects as PI and Co-PI- 3Nos(CSIR and Ministry of Industries and Commerce)
Member of Scientific Socities- 3Nos.
Awards: Associate fellow of Andhra Pradesh Academy of Science